Thursday, August 23, 2012

{Touch of Gold}

This dresser is HUGE!!

My friend brought me her dresser {of course I forgot the before picture}. I definitely had fun doing this revamp. Definitely tedious, but the result was amazing. Prepped the dresser first, then went with my fav, Behr Paint/Primer in one in the shade of her choice. After 2 coats {or so} I distressed all edges, and added a dark antique-ing glaze. This darkened up the color a bit, making it appear a little more "dirty", and makes all the edges darker and stand out more. Then I brushed on a gold glaze all over, wiped off leaving more in some areas than others. This took a while to get it looking exactly how I wanted. Just the right amount of shine on all sides/edges and drawers. Turned out super chic and elegant, but shabby at the same time :) I'm so in love with this, that I'm doing it again...this time on my own daughters dresser. The color choice on this piece couldn't have been more perfect!



{upclose of drawer, you can see the gold better}




{side view}


{all dressed up!}



Love love love it.

No comments: